DATE: December 8, 2021
TIME: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
What is the Chamber's 21 in 21 series?
The Lancaster Chamber's 21 in 21 series provides a platform for business professionals to share ideas on a topic relevant and vital to the business community. Attendees learn best practices, strategies, and recommendations from 21 peers. After a rapid 21-minute exchange of ideas, speakers, and listeners alike transition to breakout sessions for further discussions.
What's this session about?
Employees are managing the lingering effects of loss and isolation as well as navigating the changing workload demands due to a tight labor market, uncertainty from fluctuating workplace mitigation efforts, and shifting family or childcare stressors.
The Hartford's 2021 Future of Benefits Study Report reveals that significant strain and burnout in this second year of the pandemic continues to impact productivity and mental wellness, with 61% of employees saying that feelings of depression or anxiety impair their focus or concentration at work.
This session on Mental Wellness in the Workplace will focus on how businesses and organizations are prioritizing the mental health of their employees by building a culture of understanding; integrating mental wellness into policies and practices; fostering supportive management practices; identifying and addressing factors that affect mental health in the workplace; and offering support services, campaigns, and trainings to promote mental well-being.
This event offers the opportunity to learn from 21 peers on how their organization is navigating the challenges, finding the opportunities, or developing solutions to prioritize mental wellness in the workplace.
Each person who chooses to speak will share a best practice or idea for mental wellness in the workplace. Interested in sharing an idea? Contact us to sign up!
- Building a culture of understanding
- Integrating mental wellness into policies and practices
- Fostering supportive management practices
- Identifying and addressing factors that affect mental health in the workplace
- Offering support services, campaigns, and trainings to promote mental well-being
- Learn proactive strategies organizations are implementing to prioritize the mental health and well-being of their employees
- Hear lessons learned and challenges others are facing in promoting mental wellness
- Discuss the integration of policies and practices on mental wellness in the workplace with industry professionals